Zinnia Hope, author of multi-genres and erotic romances; also writing as J. Emberglass


A Freya's Bower Author. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Do you dare read my novels? Are your panties wet yet? If not, no worries because they soon will be.


Tuesday, April 25



Well, due to the urging from Faith, FB's managing editor, I'm going to talk a little bit about my new novella, the first accepted manuscript for FB's Goddess Freya Series.

HONEYSUCKLE AND WILD ROSES is in the second draft phase. I'm thinking it might be 18K to 20K when finished. The Goddess Freya Series deals with stories that are historically accurate if set during Freya's time, and if the plot is based on just the goddess, but in a contemporary setting, the facts about Freya must be accurate. Legends, lore, etc must be accurate. From what I understand, a writer doesn't have to steep the stories in such details, but depending on the setting and time, things must be right so that they're realistic and believable.

This time around, I need to do a bit of research on Nordic style clothing, sprinkling those details throughout my prose. Plus, I'm developing Freya's role a bit more than I had it in the first rough draft.

What's my novella about? Oy, I haven't even written a summary yet. Let's leave that for another post, shall we? LOL.

Duke of Earle, I found your comments on my last post about FREE SPIRITS. I am so touched, so THRILLED that you enjoyed my novella so much. You have no idea how much that means to me, and in leaving your comment for others to read, I had someone else say that it made them want to buy it too. Thank you so very, very much for taking a chance and buying my e-book and for posting an honest--albiet fantastic--mini review!

I have to say that
Freya's Bower is an incredible e-publisher. Really, I'm serious. Yeah, this is a bit of a plug for FB since I'm one of their authors, but I've been selling short romantic fiction for years, and the FB editors are the first editors I've encountered who are more like friends than stuffy business people. They take the time to answer questions, they talk to you like you're an old friend, and they are very meticulous when it comes to editing, suggesting ideas, and helping a writer find his or her way to the right path regarding their work.

And let's face it, although the old adage never judge a book by its cover is known the world over, Paul Ellis, FB's cover artist, does the most amazing cover art. Absolutely incredible stuff, imho. I was so stoked over the cover for FREE SPIRITS (see earlier posts), but I'm just as thrilled with the one for HONEYSUCKLE. And what amazes me is how he manages to convey my style, genre, and the theme of the book all in one.

So, if anyone likes to write stuff based on legends, lore and history, contact Faith at her
Lion blog, but leave her a way to contact you. (I don't post email addys on my blog.) Or you could leave a message at WCP/FB's newsblog and I'm sure Faith or Ms. Baun will reply.

Thanks to all my new blogger friends for buying my e-book and leaving me such nice comments. You all rock!

19 comments

Post a Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OO0OO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~